Fitness Equipment Maintenance Tips
Keep all moving parts well oiled and free from debris.
Use high quality lubricants (Available from gym-repair.co.uk)
Keep all surfaces clean from sweat and residue.
Keep treadmill deck well lubricated to avoid overloading the Power Board and Motor.
Investigate any unusual noises before they become a more serious problem.
Regular service intervals are more cost effective than replacing seriously worn parts.
If you have any questions contact us service @ gym-repair.co.uk for advice.
Service checklist (what we do)
· Remove dirt and debris from motors, vents and circuit boards.
· Inspect wire harnesses and connections.
· Lube all chains, bearings, bushings, rollers, pulleys and pivots.
· Sand build up corrosion from motor flywheels and rollers (where applicable).
· Check condition of motor commutator and brushes (clean motor commutator where applicable).
· Check condition of alternators (where applicable).
· Remove covers, clean and vacuum out interiors.
· Check condition and alignment of all drive belts, chains and cables.
· Align and tighten walking belt.
· Lubricate belt and deck.
· Inspect condition of all bearings and bushings.
· Inspect all other parts for wear and function.
· Tighten loose crank arms, belts and pulleys.
· Check calibration of elevation sensors, re calibrate if necessary.
· Grease drive assemblies and elevation drive systems.
· Check machine function and operation.
· Clean exterior with polish / sealer.
· Run amp / friction tests to test wear on belts and decks.
· Clean and check speed sensors.
· Complete audible inspection of motor, crank and roller bearings.